14:00 - 15:00
- Lehel Banjai, Heriot-Watt Univerity
- Emmanuil Georgoulis, University of Leicester/NTU Athens
- Charalambos Makridakis, IACM/University of Sussex/Crete
- Daniel Peterseim, University of Augsburg
- María López Fernández, University of Malaga
This is a One World Seminar Series.
The seminars occur every two weeks, on a Monday (14:00-15:00 BST).
Zoom links will be sent on the Friday prior to each seminar, with a reminder on Monday morning.
Recordings of talks given as part of this series can be found here.
19 April 2021
Andreas Veeser (Università degli Studi di Milano) - Accurate error bounds and equivalence of seminorms
- Error bounds for numerical approximations may be viewed as a comparison of two seminorms. An accurate bound then corresponds to the equivalence of the seminorms. Taking this viewpoint, we survey several results onfinite element approximation, near-best approximation withdiscontinuous Galerkin methods, and a posteriori error estimates.
Maria Lopez Fernandez - Pseudospectral Roaming Contour Integral Methods for Convection-Diffusion Equations
8 March 2021
Carola-Bibiane Schönlie, University of Cambridge - Structure-Preserving Deep Learning
22 February 2021
Wolfgang Dahmen, University of South Carolina - Nonlinear Model Reduction: Recent Developments and Perspectives
8 February 2021
Michael Feischl, TU Vienna - Black box Algorithms for Adaptive FEM
11 January 2021
Ivan Oseledets, Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology
14 December 2020
Nick Trefethen, University of Oxford - Exactness of Quadrature Formulas
30 November 2020
Max Jensen, University of Sussex - Monotone Finite Element Solution of Fully Nonlinear Differential Equations
16 November 2020
Desmond Higham, University of Edinburgh - Should We Be Perturbed About Deep Learning?
2 November 2020
Houman Owhadi, Caltech - On Learning Adapted Kernels for Numerical Approximation
19 October 2020
Virginie Ehrlacher, ENPC - Finite Volume Scheme for the Stefan-Maxwell System
- Joint work with Clément Cancès and Laurent Monasse
- Reference: Clément Cancès, Virginie Ehrlacher, Laurent Monasse, Finite volumes for the Stefan-Maxwell cross-diffusion system (2020)
5 October 2020
Christian Lubich, University of Tubingen - Convergent Evolving Surface Finite Element Algorithms for Geometric Evolution Equations
21 September 2020
Ilaria Perugia, University of Vienna - Space-Time Discontinuous Galerkin Methods for Wave Propagation
7 September 2020
Christoph Schwab, ETH Zurich - Exponential Convergence of hp-FEM for Spectral Fractional Diffusion in Polygons
20 July 2020
Alfio Quarteroni, Politecnico di Milano/Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne - The Mathematical Heart: a Computational Model for the Simulation of the Heart Function
This seminar is supported as part of the ICMS Online Mathematical Sciences Seminars.