Caring support at ICMS
“I travelled with my family as I have a young baby that I cannot leave behind. The organisers were exceedingly accommodating to my needs, everyone did all they could to facilitate my attendance. I believe having funding specifically to support childcare related costs allowed them to help me as much as they wished, and made my life much easier. Without the support, I would not have been able to attend. “ - Workshop participant 2018
Assistance can take the form of:
- Providing accommodation for an accompanying carer
- Providing travel support for an accompanying carer
- Paying for any additional care costs incurred by participants
If you have any special requirements and would like to discuss accessing the support please contact us as far in advance as possible. Please email the relevant conference co-ordinator for the event at ICMS or email Jane Walker, Centre Manager jane.walker @ icms.org.uk
- University of Edinburgh health and safety guidelines state that in general people are discouraged from bringing children into working and learning spaces, and it is neither in the interest of children nor in that of other participants in academic work-related activities to spend an entire days in non-public University spaces. The Bayes Cente is an open plan workplace and is not a suitable environment for children. Any children that come to ICMS/Bayes Cente must be closely supervised at all times and where practical only be on site for short periods. Please let us know before your arrival in Edinburgh if you need support and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements.
- We do not endorse or specifically recommend childcare in Edinburgh. Here are some useful links which we give for information only: Emergency Childcare; My Family Care; Sitters.