Stochastic networks 2018
NSF FUNDING FOR US PARTICIPANTS
A limited amount of funding is available, in particular, from the U.S. National Science Foundation, to help in defraying the travel costs of US-based early career researchers, women, and underrepresented minorities, participating in the conference on Stochastic Networks to be held at the ICMS, Edinburgh UK, 25-29 June 2018. Early career researchers are researchers who received their Ph.D. in 2013 or later, or who are Ph.D. students expecting to complete their Ph.D. by the end of 2019.
Early career researchers may also be interested in attending the Summer School on Random Structures and Processes which will be held in Edinburgh, UK on 18-22 June 2018. For further details see http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~fd78/RandomStructuresProcesses
Applications received by 11pm UK Standard Time on 25th April 2018 will receive full consideration. It is anticipated that applicants will be notified of the results of their applications in early May 2018.
Each application must include the following:
- a 1-2 page C.V. including education (all applicants, except for current Ph.D. students, should include Ph.D. year, institution, dissertation title and advisor), employment including current position, and current research interests;
- a complete list of publications;
- a separate page or pages detailing:
- complete name, mailing address and email address;
- expected level of participation in the conference, e.g., have/will submit a poster (include title and abstract);
- itemised estimate of travel costs and requested level of support; mention any partial support for attending the conference that is available from other sources --- due to the limited amount of funds available, applicants are strongly encouraged to seek at least partial funding from other sources;
- any sources of U.S. federal research support currently held by the applicant;
- a statement of no more than 300 words indicating how attending the conference will benefit the research program of the applicant;
- additional information: applicants are requested to indicate if they are an early career researcher, a woman or underrepresented minority.
Applicants should email their application as a SINGLE PDF to:
before 11pm UK Standard Time on 25th April, 2018.
PLEASE use the subject line:
“Stochnet2018 funding application: XXX”,
where XXX is the applicant’s first and last name.
IMPORTANT: In addition, Ph.D. student applicants, who do not yet have a Ph.D., should request that their dissertation advisor send a brief letter of support to email@example.com with the following subject line:
“Stochnet2018 advisor letter: XXX”,
where XXX is replaced with the applicant’s first and last name.
Following standard NSF restrictions concerning travel, recipients of travel grant funds for airfare must travel on U.S. flag carriers. All grant recipients must provide receipts for expenses to be reimbursed immediately following the conference.
For information about the conference itself, see
To submit a poster, please indicate this in the "Poster" section of the application form when applying to attend the conference.