Integrable systems, special functions and combinatorics
23 - 28 June 2019
- Christopher Athorne, University of Glasgow
- Misha Feigin, University of Glasgow
- Claire Gilson, University of Glasgow
- Christian Korff, University of Glasgow
- Masatoshi Noumi, Kobe University
- Wolfgang Schief, University of New South Wales
- Ian Strachan, University of Glasgow
- Daniele Valeri, University of Glasgow
- Ralph Willox University of Tokyo
There has been a flurry of applications of techniques from integrable systems in the areas of special functions, combinatorics and stochastics. This workshop will bring together key experts in these areas as well as world-leading researchers within the community of integrable systems in order to:
- disseminate the new applications and emerging problems, where expertise from integrable systems has led to a step change in research and opened up new horizons;
- strengthen existing and explore new connections between the many different branches of integrable systems (continuous and discrete, classical and quantum);,
- identify future perspectives and possible emerging trends;
- provide a networking opportunity for established and early career researchers from Scotland and the wider UK.
During the workshop there will also be a reception in honour of Dr Jonathan Nimmo (1958 - 2017), a key member of the “Integrable Systems and Mathematical Physics" research group at the Univeristy of Glasgow, whose work has been highly influential on the development of the subject.
To register to participate in this workshop please complete this form Registration will close on 15 March 2019. We expect this workshop to be very popular and that demand may exceed places available. You are asked to register as soon as possible. There will be a registration fee of £100 and accommodation on Skye will cost approximately £400.
- Maali Alkadhem, University of Glasgow
- Georgios Antoniou, University of Glasgow
- Thomas Bothner, King's College London
- Oleg Chalykh University of Leeds
- Ivan Corwin Columbia University
- Allan Fordy University of Leeds
- Martin Hallnäs University of Gothenburg
- Jarmo Hietarinta Turku University (retired)
- Xing-Biao Hu Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing
- Rei Inoue Chiba University
- Kenji Kajiwara Kyushu University
- Saburo Kakei Rikkyo University
- Alisa Knizel Columbia University
- Martina Lanini Universita di Roma Tor Vergata
- Chun-Xia Li Capital Normal University, Beijing
- Yasuhiro Ohta Kobe University
- Simon Ruijsenaars University of Leeds
- Junkichi Satsuma Musashino University
- Ying Shi ZheJiang University of Science and Techonology
- Jasper Stokman University of Amsterdam
- Tetsuji Tokihiro University of Tokyo
- Satoshi Tsujimoto Kyoto University
- Jan Felipe van Diejen University of Talca
- Junxiao Zhao Glasgow International College
Please note that this workshop will take place at Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, the Gaelic College, on the Isle of Skye, 23-28 June. A coach will leave from Glasgow to the workshop location for Sunday 23 June, leaving between 12.00-14.00 arriving in the evening at the Gaelic College. Departure from the conference location will be on Friday, 28 June in the morning arriving back in Glasgow in the afternoon. Precise details will be confirmed closer to the time.
ICMS does NOT use third parties to arrange accommodation. If you are approached by a third party (e.g. Business Travel Management) asking for booking details, please ignore. If you have any concerns please contact ICMS.
The workshop organisers would like to acknowledge the generous financial support of the Edinburgh Mathematical Society and the Glasgow Mathematical Journal Trust towards the costs of this meeting.