Facilities at ICMS
In January 2010 ICMS transferred its administrative base to 15 South College Street and shares workshop accommodation there with the Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation (ECCI). This converted former church is close to the other university buildings in the centre of Edinburgh, not far from the Royal Mile and Waverley Station. (Location map from GoogleMaps.)
Facilities in this building include:
- Newhaven Lecture Theatre on Level 4, a tiered Lecture Theatre, capacity for 98, with large blackboards, video conferencing equipment and the full range of audio visual facilities.
- Atrium on Level 3, a large ‘common room’ with casual seating and poster space. The space is surrounded by offices (occupied by ICMS and ECCI staff) and the ‘Pod’ - a drop-in office with public access computers for short term visitors.
- Reception on Level 3, a large open office desk for registering visitors.
- Cramond Room on Level 2, a meeting room with a capacity of 45.
- Swanston Room on Level 2, a meeting room with a capacity of 25 .
- Break Out Area on Level 2, which can be used for catering or informal discussions
- Chapterhouse on the Level 1 (ground floor), the main catering area. It is also available for break-out sessions and as an additional meeting space.
- Blackboards are available throughout the building.
Inside 15 South College Street
This cross section of the building shows the location of different facilities on different levels and how they relate to the original architecture.
Wireless internet is available throughout the building and public access computers are located in the ‘Pod’ on Level 3.
This building has ramped access and a lift to all floors.
ICMS will work with organisers to choose an appropriate venue for activities taking into consideration the size and requirements of activities. As well as 15 South College Street, ICMS also uses the following venues in Edinburgh:
- Royal Society of Edinburgh;
- Informatics Forum, University of Edinburgh;
- Appleton Tower, University of Edinburgh;
- David Hume Tower, University of Edinburgh;
- South Hall, Pollock Halls, University of Edinburgh;
- Edinburgh Conference Centre, Heriot-Watt University.